Monday, November 18, 2019

Celebrating Failure

This semester I have been trying to stick to a regimented eating and diet schedule, that I have started and failed multiple times. Overall, I am known to be a pretty healthy eater but recently with my hectic schedule and increased events it has been harder for me to remain on a constant health streak. I first started this diet in the beginning of October and have struggled to complete one successful week of the program. Each week there seems to be something, and event or another temptation, pulling me to the "dark side" of unhealthy foods. Week after week I say I will have a fresh start on Monday and get back on track yet once the weekend rolls around I tend to let the ball drop.

Through these failures I learned that I need to work on my self control. College is full of temptations and it is easy to get sucked into things that may not be beneficial with to your life. It is important to remember that while things may sound great in the moment they may cause more lasting hurt than good in the moment. I learned that maybe a strict diet is not the best thing for me, and to maybe start with a smaller goal such as a more flexible diet that would allow me to slowly ween of the temptations.

Why failure can be a hard pill to swallow it can also be a big learning curve. The biggest thing in failure is the story and the lessons that come out of it. As it was mentioned in the prompt,  Edision failed over 1,000 times when creating the lightbulb but learned from the failure. After failing it can be very easy to let your stress and emotions get the best of you, I have wanted to throw in the towel and give up many times myself. Giving up is the worst idea when it comes to failure, the best thing you can do is push through it and use it to your advantage. There are always lessons to be learned whenever you try something new.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke,
    I can definitely relate to this failure. This semester was extremely hectic for me and with that being said it was hard to stick to my healthy eating regimen. It’s hard to cook and eat healthy when you’re getting home at 10 o’clock every night and because of that you can easily get sucked into picking up fast food or always eating at a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke,
    I think you mention something that is very important. I know for myself, I am always so worried about my professional life (school, Publix, my consultation work) that I do not worry about my personal being. Your post really helped me realize that I need to place a greater focus on that, and work towards my own personal goals. To do this, I need to either worry less about my work or try to extend what I can do in a day. I think that we all need to consider when we are doing too much "grinding" to try to get ahead. Thanks for your contribution!

    ReplyDelete