Monday, September 2, 2019

Entrepreneurship and Me

 

       Entrepreneurship and Me

Unlike many others of my friends growing up I was exposed to entrepreneurship and the struggles and rewards that came with that from a very young age. My step dad, who has been in my life since the second grade, is an entrepreneur at heart. His family came from Italy and opened up their own Italian restaurant where he learned how to properly run a business, deal with clients, market, and use self promotion. Shortly after meeting him he decided to take his passion for triathlons one step further and open up his own triathlon storefront. He wanted a one stop shop where people within that community to go to for all of their swimming, biking and running needs. We helped him come up with a name, logo and even what the inside of the store should look like; not to mention me working there over the summers once I was older. Watching him turn his hobby into his career was incredibly inspiring and made me believe that this was also a possibility for me one day. Coming into college  and not being exactly sure what I wanted to do, I would always think back to my step dads entrepreneurial spirit. I decided to take this class to learn more about the possibilities of creating something all my own and figure out if I would one day follow in his footsteps. I am hoping to learn more about the technicalities of being an entrepreneur not only for myself and my future, but to also understand my step dads own personal achievements.


Image result for bikes plus stuart fl

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke,
    My dad also had his own business. Your dad seems to have more passion in multiple businesses than mine though. My dad started his business about 25 years ago and has only kept the one. He has not done much to technically improve it such as ads or a website but has grown his business to over 250 loyal customers. I have seen how my dad has used his company to better himself and that's what made me get into entrepreneurship. I enjoy how your dad has expanded to three locations and that's what I plan on doing with my dads business if I take it over.

    ReplyDelete